Bending Capacity Mild Steel: 14 Gauge (2.0mm)
Bending Capacity Stainless: 16 Gauge (1.5mm)
Bending Length: 126" (3200mm)
Bending Bars: 1"
Backgauge Depth (Standard): 41" (1016mm) (Extra Option 61")
Clamping Beam Opening Height: 7" (178mm)
Clamping Beam Tooling: 30 Degrees
Folding Beam Adjustment: 1" (25mm)
Crowning of the Folding Beam: 3-Point 0"-0.030" Adjustment
Working Height: 34" (864mm)
Dimensions: 180"L x 96"W x 72"H
Machine Weight: 9020 lbs.
Shipping Weight: 9885 lbs.
Backgauge Motor: 3/4 HP
Clamping Beam Motor: 2 HP
Bending Beam Motor: 2 + 2 HP
Clamping Beam Speed: 2.5" Per Second
Folding Beam Speed: 90-Degree Per Second
Backgauge Speed (.375" TO 41"): 5 Seconds
The TENNSMITH SBS Series mechanical folding system utilizes
a low maintenance design, coupled with an array of standard
features for an attractive combination of high value and
The SBS incorporates a twin motor drive system for the
folding beam. This allows the system to be fast and
extremely accurate. Bending speeds up to 90 degrees per
second can be easily achieved. Another advantage to this
system is maintenance. Unlike with a chain drive system,
there are no adjustments needed to this system.
For maximum hemming capacity, another strong feature of the
Tennsmith SBS Series is the center drive of the clamping
system. The placement of the motor in the center of the
machine maximizes power while reducing torque loss through
the drive shaft. The benefit is a hemming capacity of 20
gauge for the SBS12614 and 22 gauge for the SBS15016.
The back gauge for the SBS Series features a twin ball screw
design. The system is fast and extremely accurate. All three
drive systems of the SBS Series: Folding beam, Clamping Beam
and Back gauge are controlled by frequency inverters, giving
the machine great accuracy.
Another noticeable feature of the SBS Series is the large 17-
inch graphical touch screen display. The larger screen
allows easy viewing of the touch screen program.
* 17 Inch Touch Screen Monitor
* Graphical Programming of Profiles
* Over 300 Standard Profiles (Included)
* Unlimited Program Storage
* Search function of the SBS Library for Easy Profile
* Unlimited Folder Creating for Saving Individual Jobs and
* Bend Simulation of the Part
* Hemming Macros for Open, Closed, Teardrop, and No-Bend
* Radius Macro for Complex bending of different Radii
(Cornice Work etc.)
* Parts Counter
* Automatic Calculation of Radius Bends
* Selection between Bump and Wing Bending of Radius Profiles
* Parts Counter
* Inch/Metric Conversions
* Automatic Blank Calculation
* Independent Bend Compensation
* Material Spring Back Compensation Tables
* Independent Profile Notes
* Automatic Easy to follow Material Handling Instruction
* Easy Edit of Part Profiles
* USB Memory Drive for both the PLC and PC
* Microsoft Windows XP Platform using Microsoft Net
* Offline Programming (Included) for Remote Programming of
* Bend Compensation for different material spring back and
bending bar set-up
* Material Handling Instructions
The brains behind the touch screen are cutting edge.
Designed for harsh environments, the SBS control system will
work with ease in any climate. The system features Flash
memory for both the PLC and PC. This means if anything
should happen to your system you can be up and running the
next day without the need of onsite programming of
replacement parts. All machine information is stored on the
Flash drives. The design utilizes the latest technology.
The key to the SBS design is serviceability. One of the main
thoughts that went into designing the SBS Series was
service. Every design element and feature had to easily be
maintained and serviced. We feel so strongly about our
design that the SBS Series carries a Three-Year Factory
100% MADE IN THE U.S.A.!!
INCLUDES 3-YEAR FACTORY WARRANTY!!
FREE SETUP & TRAINING AT YOUR FACILITY!
to complete inventory display
to our home page