Full Product Description
Model: KTM-4VKF 2 OR 3-AXIS CNC
KTM-4VKF 2-AXIS: P.O.R.
KTM-4VKF 3-AXIS: P.O.R.
Table Size: 50" x 12"
Table Travel: 33" (30" w/ CNC Control)
Saddle Travel: 16" (15" w/ CNC Control)
Knee Travel: 15.25"
Ram Travel: 22"
Quill Travel: 5" (4" w/ MillPwr-3 CNC Control)
Quill Diameter: 3.375"
Spindle Motor: 3HP (inverter-duty)
Spindle Taper: R-8 (NMTB-30 or Quick change spindle
Spindle Speeds: 60-500-4500 RPM (60-6000 on HS head
Overall Width: 99"
Overall Depth: 79"
Overall Height: 90"
Table to Floor: 34.25" - 49.5"
Spindle to Table: 2.75" - 18"
Spindle to Column: 5" - 27"
Maximum Workload: 850 lbs (Centered)
Net Weight (approx): 3400 lbs (6' x 6' skid)
220V 3-phase or 1-phase for machine, 10A (15A for 1-phase)
Optional 440v requires 3-phase, 7.5A
110V dedicated for CNC control, 20A
* 3 HP AC-Freq drive head with digital RPM display and
analog load meter
* 60-550-4500 spindle RPM (Hi/Low gear)
* Automatic centralized lubrication system with metered
* Single-phase or 3-phase power without the need for a phase
* Hardened and Ground (Hrc-52) table surface and all slide
* Solid box ways on saddle and column
* Easy conversational programming, DRO-mode allows for full
* Engraving feature and DXF file import capability built-in,
3.5" floppy drive and 10" flat panel color LCD display
Quick change tooling package (Mach-1): $1,450.00
NMTB-30 spindle: $800.00
Air power drawbar (Maxi-Torque, made in USA): $750.00
Chip tray: $400.00
Flood coolant system (Built-in base): $500.00
4" Riser block: $500.00
6" Riser block: $500.00
8" Riser block: $600.00
Knee (z-axis) power feed: $550.00
High-Speed (HS) 6000 RPM spindle (single gear) option:
440V Power instead of 220V: $200.00
CNC CONTROL OPTIONS:
3-D Edge finder: $350.00
Knee linear encoder feedback for coupled Z-axis position:
AMI with programmable spindle on/off and M-functions:
On site start up training (2-day): $2,500.00
(requires 1 to 2 weeks lead time for travel arrangements)
Acu-Rite MillPwr CNC System -- FEATURES:
* Easy to use, menu prompted, conversational format
* 3D tactile-feel color keypad
* 10" flat panel LCD color display
* 3" floppy disk drive
* Remote stop/go switch
* Close loop feedback using precision linear glass scales
with absolute encoder -Position-Trac technology
* Precision hardened and ground ballscrews
* Direct DXF file input capability
* Alphanumeric engraving on line or arc
* Automatic cutter compensation for diameter and length,
with tool library
* Scale, skew, rotate, and mirror
* Position-Trac scale has absolute encoder technology. This
allows MillPwr control to find machine "home" position in
any axis by moving only up to 2" of travel. Once homed,
work piece datum is established and the control can repeat a
position even after being powered off. As an added benefit,
software limits can be set to safely keep machine travel
within machine travel limits without the need of additional
hardware limit switches and home switches.
AC-FREQUENCY DRIVE HEAD - A BETTER WAY:
AC-Freq drive models vary spindle rpm by changing the
frequency (Hz) of the power to the motor by electronic means
via a frequency inverter. No more sliding vari-disc with
plastic inserts means a more reliable milling head with less
maintenance issues. Runs quieter and smoother than standard
conventional mechanical sliding pulley drive systems. Three
phase power or single phase power. No need for a phase
converter - great for the shop or at home.
A HIGHLY RECOMMENDED OPTION:
A quick-change tooling system that allows quick tool change
while preserving the tool length preset will more than pay
for itself in a relatively short amount of time. The
standard R-8 spindle desing was simply not meant for cnc
uses. A good solution is the Mach-1 quick change tooling
package. Another way is to go with a NMTB-30 spindle and an
air-powered drawbar. This later method yields better
performance in terms of heavy cutting applications, since
a 30-taper tool holder is normally more rigid than a R-8
style quick change adaptor/holder. Thus Universal Kwik-
Switch system is an alternative to the NMTB-30 spindle where
heavy cutting applications is an issue. Here the standard R-
8 spindle is replaced with a custom Kwik-Switch spindle.